Semana Santa (Holy Week) is approaching and in honor of it, I wanted to bring you our first Recipe post here on New Mommy Bliss! If you're like a few members of my family, you are a super fan of hot sauce. It gives your food a touch of Traditional Flavor. I'm gonna show you how to make simple Grilled Tilapia and delicious Jalapeño hot sauce using La Morena Pickled Jalapeño peppers (or Sliced jalapeño peppers).
Here's What You'll need...
Now let's start with the Jalapeño Hot Sauce since it can be stored for later use in an airtight jar or container. These instructions are great for about 8 servings.
1. In a medium sized Sauce pan over high heat, combine 1 can of La Morena Jalapeño peppers (sliced), salt, Garlic, and oil. Sauté ingredients for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add water to the pan and cook for another 15-20 minutes, remembering to stir often. Remove from heat and let it cool a bit.
3. Bring out your food processor (or blender with extremely fine pureeing capabilities), add the mixture, and puree until very smooth. While still on, slowly add the Vinegar.
4. Pour into a mason jar or any jar with an air tight lid and you'll be sure to have tasty Homemade hot sauce for a good week to 3+ months in your refrigerator depending on how much your family uses!
Now for the easy part... Classic Grilled Tilapia!
1. Grab your Tilapia and with a fork or knife, poke small holes into the fish. That helps get some of the seasonings into the fish. Put the fish into a bowl or on a plate and grab your seasoning
2. Mix any seasonings you want to use into a small bowl on the side. Whether it's sofrito, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Cajun, etc. The flavor mix is up to you! Now pour the seasoning on the fishes and mix with your hands or a fork.
3. Preheat your kitchen top grill for 5 minutes on medium setting (if applicable). For best results, Spray Non-stick cooking spray on grill. Once hot, carefully place Tilapia pieces on the grill with lid closed and cook for about 5 minutes... Voila!When the Tilapia is perfectly cook, it will flake easily with a fork. If it was up to me, I'd make Tilapia every single day. It's healthy, it's tasty, and it's delicious! To complete your meal just whip up some steamed broccoli or white rice, pour a little homemade Jalapeño hot sauce on it and you're ready to give your family an amazing meal.
You can win 1 of (5) $200 Visa Gift Cards courtesy of La Morena! Don't Miss Out... Enter Below.
That's our Recipe for Semana Santa (Holy week). What delicious recipe will you be making?